Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet K1500 4x4: i am working on a 2000 chevy k1500

Customer Question

hi i am working on a 2000 chevy k1500 5,3l engine. i am working on a red brake lite on/abs lite on. this was very intermittant but is fairly regular now. one of the guys i work with failed this for insp because of the red brake lite. code 265 is in the module. i have tested power nd grounds while the problem is there and voltage dropped the circuits, all was ok so the company just wants an insp sticker and could care less about abs. i am 98 percent sure i have a module problem but this is a rust bucket and to put a used unit on i will end up rebuilding the brake system not an option, so if i remove the module to check/soilder the contacts. does anyone know how to turn this into a fuctional brake system ie no abs with the fluid level sensor going down and comunicating on the bus data
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The abs control module is the most common cause for this issue here and unfortunately there isn't a way to by pass it as bypassing it will give you standard power brakes but will leave the abs and traction and brake lights on at all times.This would need to be replaced to correct the fault here.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete