Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Will 1981 Corvette brake calipers fit on my 1981 Excalibur

Customer Question

Will 1981 Corvette brake calipers fit on my 1981 Excalibur Series IV roadster?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's some additional info: Excaliburs allegedly used Corvette brake components and they look the same or similar. The casting #s on the Excalibur calipers (Delco Moraine) are the same (front & rear) as for the 3rd design 1981 Corvette for the left side but they are one number different for the right side (??). Camelot Motors won't tell me if the Corvette calipers will fit or not, probably because they want sell their rebuilt calipers for considerably more than I can buy Corvette calipers.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I don't have the exact info you are looking for here on this but if they are the same look and connect the same with the same pad style and pistons they should work.I have seen builders install calipers that were not meant for the vehicle as long as they were the same dimensions,connections with the same style or coverage brake pads in them.
Thanks Pete