Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Ron, I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer. Today, it wouldn't

Customer Question

Hi Ron, I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer. Today, it wouldn't start/turn over when parked in a parking lot. Got it jumped for a short time but the Service Engine soon light came on while engine was running. Could this be an alternator problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitwith the engine running what is the charging gauge reading ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday, from what I saw from his portable battery charge, the charging gauge was not pointing in the green zone.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the best bet is to swing into a local Pep Boys or Auto Zone and they will test the battery and alternator for free
with the battery being dead either the battery itself with a bad cell in it or the alternator is not charging and is bad
the odds are this is a basic bad battery or bad alternator not charging the battery correctly