GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Suburban 1500: My 05' Suburban is blowing heat on

Customer Question

My 05' Suburban is blowing heat on the driver side and ac on the passenger side. The only thing I have done to the engine is yesterday, I changed the battery. What would cause this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
I'm cam, thank you for requesting me. I'm sorry to hear about this issue, however I think I have a fix for you that will not take any significant time or replace any parts. First of all let's talk about the cause, I believe that when you disconnected the battery you reset all of the learned positions of the drivers side heater door actuator. Then when you reconnected the battery, a dirty feedback circuit within the actuator failed to learn properly. We may be able to get away with simply forcing the system to sweep and recalibrate itself three times. To do this, in the under hood fuse block remove the HVAC/ETAS fuse. Install the fuse, start the engine and wait for five minutes. Then turn the engine off, remove the fuse and repeat this two more times. Usually this will sweep the circuit off and allow it to work again. If for some reason this doesn't fix the issue, we will need to replace the actuator. Should that happen, reply back and I will post directions.