Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Classic LT: my 2002 chevy silverado

Customer Question

my 2002 chevy silverado does not have brake lights, I have changed the switch at the pedal and have no power to the pigtail, but third brake light does work
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
,Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you
the first thing to check here is the wire harness under the bed were the trailer light pigtail connects..make sure the wire harness is good and not damaged
but,the problem may be a bad turn signal[multi-function] switch..these switches will burn out sometimes abnd cause a loss of brake lamps
,PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gnuxirjp16naau/0630-chevy-2500-STOP%20LAMPS.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/6gnuxirjp16naau/0630-chevy-2500-STOP%20LAMPS.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help