Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Impala: 2003 Chevy Impala Base ModelCurrent Issues;No

Customer Question

2003 Chevy Impala Base Model
Current Issues;
No Low Beams/Only High
No Rear Parking Lamps
No Rear Brake Lights(Third lamp neither)
No Rear Hazards
Rapid FRONT drivers side turn signal(Driver REAR doesn't work)
Rapid REAR passenger turn signal(Passenger FRONT doesn't work)
Rapid Clicking from relays in Passenger right fuse box(Along with Security Light) when I plug in the trunk release harness.
Also I replaced the multifunction switch and I also replaced the hazard switch with no avail. Recently took the car to a local Chevrolet dealership an they said it was the new multifunction switch since it wasn't an OEM part, the new switch didn't cause it to act different it gave me the same symptoms. I can give new information on request and I also have acquired the proper testing tools.9(if necessary)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you can inspect the wiring leading off of the multi function switch and its connector to see if any wiring damage is found.If a wiring fault is found it will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How's it going Pete. No one ever got back to my question so I definitely appreciate you getting back to me, Currently im still still at a stand still on the issue. I have the necessary tools to run some tests, I believe the hazard switch (before the harness) may have a short before the harness connection.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you inspected any wiring for any damage at all or any shorts in the wiring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried but don't think I've been going the correct route in doing so. I honestly don't think it could be the multifunction switch but only the proper testing will determine that.Thank You.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.If you can check the wiring at and leading to the multi function switch to see if any issues are found this will help determine if this is an issue here needing resolved.If this is all found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How's it going Pete . Went to junkyard today an replaced the multifunction switch for 14.99 . It gave me my turn signals back and also my rear hazards and brake lights. Stilll no low beams, so maybe the low beam issue may be beyond the switch. It would be very rare that this switch is malfunctioning too. The low beams did come on today briefly but cut off an didn't come back on.Thanks.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If you jiggle the turn signal switch off and on do the low beams come back on then at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they still aren't working for me.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Was anything after market installed in your model at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aftermarket radio, but everything is back to factory specs now, I just got a new rear harness for the rear trunk to get my third brake light an trunk release back any reason why the trunk release solenoid should keep opening up? I disconnected the trunk release portion of the harness because it wont stay shut, owners before me complained of this as well.