Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: My service four-wheel-drive light has

Customer Question

My service four-wheel-drive light has come on on my 99 Chevy Tahoe. I have replaced the switch cluster and it still has an intermittent problem. Any advice. I'd like to get a wiring diagram so I can check the input voltage and grounds to switch to make sure it's getting the proper connection it needs. Ultimately I just want the problem to be solved
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are setting.Once this has been done any codes set in the transfer case computer will help in diagnosing the fault here.I have seen the transfer case electronic actuator fail before and cause this issue and had to replace it.
If you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.
Thanks Pete