Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevy top kick: I have Mallory breakerless distributor with

Customer Question

I have Mallory breakerless distributor with Mallory round coil and resistor . bench test, 12v in resistor and 9v out to coil + when I spin rotor I get spark out of coil wire when close to ground source. when I slow rotor down to crank speed I get no spark. thanks david
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Even though the switch is putting out the correct voltage there may not be enough amperage out of the switch.The switch itself may be defective or the connection to it or there may be high resistance in the wiring to the coil or distributor causing low amperage.This will cause this issue here.
Thanks Pete