Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet HHR LS: hhr runs hot and never exchanges water. i

Customer Question

hhr runs hot and never exchanges water.
i have an 07 hhr that i replaced the temperature sensor and t-stat on and now the car just continues to get hot. no pressure on either hose, not leaking, no noise from WP,
any ideas
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Try changing the reservoir cap. If the cap does not hold pressure the system will get hot with no pressure buildup. The pressure of the radiator cap (reservoir cap) is what keeps the coolant from boiling due to keeping the system under pressure. That is the most overlooked item. Also when I buy thermostats the first thing I do is press lightly on the element to make sure it breaks free from be outer ring. A lot of aftermarket thermostats sit on the shelf for so long they stick closed. That may not be your issue but keep that in mind. But since yours is getting hot and has no pressure sound like the coolant cap to me. Hope this information helps. Also turn the heat on and make sure you have hot air if not you may have a bubble in the system and need to raise the front of the car up to help burp the system. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Lou, I made sure the t-Stat opened and actually tried two different t-stats. I put the car on ramps before this email and ran it. No difference. I am stumped. I can try the cap next. Thanks for the advice
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me know. The cap is the most overlooked part and it's the cheapest. Well depends where you buy it. Hope this information helps.