Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Silverado: I've got a 2003 Silverado 123k miles 5.3

Customer Question

I've got a 2003 Silverado 123k miles 5.3 AT w/reduced power code #P0120, P0220, P01516 & P01518. I checked the ohms on the throttle position sensor and accelerator position sensor. I did the tug test on the harness at the throttle and checked for corrosion in the connector. I cleaned the frame ground (under driver) but not the one at the rear of the block. I checked the wires in the fuse box on the left fender OK. If I clear the codes and the engine starts clean it runs fine forever but if the cranking cycle stutters mid cycle (cranks 3 to 5 seconds stutters 1 second then continues to crank and fires up) it throws the above codes.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moose
Sorry for the miscommunication but I thought that in order to submitted my question I needed to join a monthly program. Not needing that coverage I tried to opt out but obviously failed.
Please do not work on my question.
3 of these codes point to he possible ground concern on the back of the block. Can you go ahead and sand that one and report back on those results? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris