BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Colorado Z85 LS: My Chevy Colorado right window is

Customer Question

My Chevy Colorado right window is stuck shut. It is receiving power since makes a noise when trying to open. Was a bit sticky before now. Garages want $120 to remove door panel and take a look, with estimates up to $600. What to do???
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. It sounds like you have a failed window regulator assembly. This is a common failure on this truck. With the door panel off it is fairly easy to change. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bobby. As a former (decades ago) heavy engine mechanic I can probably do the repair but understand it takes special tools to get this panel off? And the clips are easy to break? (And I'm 80 now, not 30!) Don't mind paying for honest repairs but these shop quotes seem on the moon. How much would a new regulator assembly cost at the parts window? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get an answer so will try again:29 June 2015 07:31
Hello Bobby. As a former (decades ago) heavy engine mechanic I can probably do the repair but understand it takes special tools to get this panel off? And the clips are easy to break? (And I'm 80 now, not 30!) Don't mind paying for honest repairs but these shop quotes seem on the moon. How much would a new regulator assembly cost at the parts window? What is a fair price to have it done in a shop? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Hello Hello. Are you there Bobby? I didn't get an answer so will try again:29 June 2015 07:31