Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet Astro 2WD: Tim,Thanks illustration on

Customer Question

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the illustration on my 94 Astro serpentine belt removal sequence.
I removed the belt and could feel some play in the stationary pulley. After removing it, I notice that the bearing seems ok, and not any play related to what I could feel while attached. So I re-assembled it thinking maybe it wasn’t tight enough to begin with but still has play; so it looks to me like the aluminum protrusion that the bearing mounts to has a sloppy fit (or the inside of the bearing). I remember replacing that pulley & tensioner a long time ago and maybe the parts were not OEM. The mounting protrusion bracket looks like a very expensive labor intensive replacement.
Please advise.
Adolph
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Before you consider having to replace the mounting bracket I would take a stethoscope and with the engine running carefully place it on each pulley mounting bolt and see if you can isolate the noise. In most cases this procedure will narrow down the source. Try this and post back with the results and we can work from there.