Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet s10 zr2 4x4: will the secondary air injection pump

Customer Question

will the secondary air injection pump make your truck shutter at high speed and not want to accelerate
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fault codes po mass air flow changed .. po410 ...secoundary air injection . when it got tuned up canister had about 1 gallon of water in it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
truck run fine at low speed and idles fine but will not accelerate at higher speed starts jerking and will not pick up speed
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you
i wouldnt think the air injection is doing this,,
from the way you explain,it sounds as if you may need to test the fuel pressure,,these must have no less than 60psi at all times,,it sounds as if the fuel pump is weak and doesnt have enough pressure under load..
i would think you will need a new fuel pump
test the fuel pressure
Key On Engine Off ................................................... 60-66 psi
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fotq4cxosuzupo/0628-chevy-s10-CIRCUIT%20DESCRIPTION.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/8fotq4cxosuzupo/0628-chevy-s10-CIRCUIT%20DESCRIPTION.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help