GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet: My 2004 trailblazer acts like it has bad gas. Power

Customer Question

My 2004 trailblazer acts like it has bad gas. Power slows then it takes off real fast. Hesitates speeds up. Yesterday it stalled. Started right back up and stalled again once I stopped again. No trouble starting again. Could this be the ignition or a bad fuel pump?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
it is very hard to tell at this time if it is a bad fuel pump or even bad fuel or the ignition systemis the check engine light on ?are there any codes set in the computer ?did this problem just start out of the blue one day ?was anything done at all to this truck where now you have this problem ?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
are you near a Pep Boys or Auto Zone ? if so can you swing by either place and they will read the code or codes set for free in the computer and once we know what code numbers are set we will know the area of your problem