Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2004 Malibu Classic with 206,000 miles. I was at a

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Malibu Classic with 206,000 miles. I was at a stop sign on my way to work and my car just died. I tried to start it again but no luck. It acts like it wants to but it won't turn over. My son checked the valve that should shoot gas out but
at first a little came out now nothing. Can you help me out? Also. I had to have the fuel pump and filter changed at 124,000.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** no fuel is coming out of the pressure port that points toward a clogged filter or worn pump, even if pump was changed at 124k the pump can still fail. At this point I'd recommend changing fuel filter and if problem still exists verify pump has good power/ground while trying to start then replace the fuel pump. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is clogged would sea foam in the gas help to clean it at all?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No the seafoam wouldn't help this situation at all. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.