BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Express 1500 LT: trying to fiqure why airbag light

Customer Question

trying to fiqure why airbag light on . its a 2007 chevy Silverado pu. the battery went dead one day, jumpstarted the truck, the airbag light came on and been on since. 3 weeks ago it happened
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time when the truck suddenly has a dead battery on this truck it is because of a battery cable failure. It happens all of the time on this vehicle. The cables have a lot of internal resistance and this occurs. Most of the time new terminals and new cables need to be installed. As for the air bag light it is on now because of the voltage issue. When voltage drops below a certain amount it causes certain modules to set a code. This appears to be what is happening. You can try unhooking the battery to see if it resets but most of the time a scan tool will be needed to clear it. Please let me know if you need more help.