Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet K1500: I have a 1994 Chevy K1500 with codes 32 and

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Chevy K1500 with codes 32 and 33 present. More info is available upon request.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
,Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youplease give me a little background on your problem,,does the engine run?does it run well?please explainthanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought this truck last month. Approximately last week i started to get this truck road ready and most importantly get it up to par to pass my state's emissions test. It had a dead battery so I installed a new one and took it for a drive. It idled and drove fine. Once i put the necessary amount of miles on it for the computer to recieve codes if any, i recieved the code 32 for the EGR. I then looked under hood and saw that the hose that should have been connected to the egr valve was off. I put the hose back on and reset the codes. I immediately noticed a poor idling feeling almost to the point where it feels like it wants to stall out while idling or stopping in gear at traffic light. I took truck home and purchased a new egr valve and installed it. I then put the hose on it and cleared codes. After my first attempt of starting it up with the new egr valve installed, immediately i received the codes 32 and 33 now. There is a slight for a second uneasy startup but then it seems to idle fine. I reset codes and started it again. Same thing. Both codes immediately popped up.
ok
from the way you explain,,i think you have a bad egr solenoid[this may be why the vacuum was unplugged]the solenoid is what the vacuum line from the egr valve connects to,it seems to be sending a vacuum to the valve all the time,this is why it has the bad idle when the vacuum is connected to the valve..i think you get the map[33] code because the egr solenoid is loosing vacuum causing a loss of vacuum to the map
thanks
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wm5aa614vp2wsci/0626-94-chevy-k1500-EGR%20VALVE%20VACUUM%20SYSTEM.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/wm5aa614vp2wsci/0626-94-chevy-k1500-EGR%20VALVE%20VACUUM%20SYSTEM.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't able to open that document you provided. I downloaded the app and everything but it fails to open. In regards ***** ***** truck, I will try and replace the EGR Solenoid and see if that helps. Why would the code 33 all of a sudden be activated once I installed a new EGR Valve?
try the link this way..you may need to try iton a different computer,,the link works here..www.dropbox.com/s/wm5aa614vp2wsci/0626-94-chevy-k1500-EGR%20VALVE%20VACUUM%20SYSTEM.doc?dl=0.i would think the problem is the solenoidthanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.