BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet 05 silverodo 3500: i have 05 duramax 3500 sometimes

Customer Question

i have 05 duramax 3500 sometimes startsup limp mode and towing up hills once you stop it will go in limp mode.you keep drive itit will go out of limp mode.checked shows no codes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me how many miles are on the truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
124295 fuel filter has been changed
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. most of the time this is caused by the relief valve in the fuel rail. It is locate behind the nut at the end of the rail. The check valve becomes worn out or warped and at times will not seat causing a loss of fuel pressure. That loss causes the engine to go into limp mode. There are aftermarket check valves that last a lot longer than the factory ones. Please let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Let me know if you need more help in the future. Please rate when you can also. Thank you.