AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevrolet Impala LS: ,I have a 2000 Chevy Impala 3.8

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Chevy Impala 3.8 with 79,000 miles on it. I have a problem with rough idle after the car is up to temp. and been shut off and a period of about five minutes pass and the car is restarted. The car will have a rough idle. The upper and lower intake were replaced and the MAF, ICS. I replaced the catalytic converter, fuel pump and filter.
It gives a code P0171. I sprayed carb cleaner around and can not find a vacuum leak. Please help.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also tuned it up with new wires and plugs. I replaced the egr tube that goes from the Intake to the Egr valve. I was getting a vacuum leak from the tube.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator for leaks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes no leak.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Ok and have you had the intake system smoked check for leaks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I sprayed carb cleaner all over the engine and and the vacuum lines
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Ok, getting the intake checked for leaks using a smoke machine is your next step. This is a much better way to check for vacuum leaks rather than using carb cleaner (and safer)
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
You can also check the fuel trims using a scanner that can read live data.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get that checked. Thanks
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
In addition, dont forget to check the PCV valve and system
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome! Also, dont forget to check the MAP sensor as well. Have a great day!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the PV valve and spring and o rings. The fuels trims look good until it is restarted after warm up.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
If the fuel trims are high at idle, this indicates a vacuum leak.. because engine vacuum is at its highest point at idle.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am taking it to a shop to have it smoke tested on Monday.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good! Keep in mind, you can always rate my answer now and we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you.Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Customer