Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2000 Chevy Venture Mini Van. I started having electrical

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Chevy Venture Mini Van. I started having electrical problems with it. Then it
started acting up like when you step on the gas pedal it didn't want to speed up. Some of the electrical problems was the heater would only work on high. But the air conditioner
will not work at all and the lights above the would not indicated the temp outdoor or what direction we were going.
I have had them replace the alternator, spark plugs, new spark wires, new battery all the
filters that it needs and still when you take it out on the road it will not go pass 30 mph.
Can you help me. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford to put more money without making sure it is going to run. It only 143,000 miles on it so I need to get it running it is my only car. Thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. It sounds like you have a few unrelated problems. Does it act like you have a rpm limiter such as not want to go over 3000 rpm? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Does it seem like transmission is slipping? The only thing that should prevent vehicle from going past 30 mph is lack of engine power or transmission not shifting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't accelerate.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The engine or the transmission? If engine was issue the rpm would not go up. If transmission is the problem rpm would go up but not vehicle speed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having trouble viewing your message. When you say just tap here on screen and I do it nothing happens. I do not have a smart phone, could that be the problem?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The engine or the transmission? If engine was issue the rpm would not go up. If transmission is the problem rpm would go up but not vehicle speed. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan are you still there or should I forget getting an answer from you? I hope you only charge me the $5.00 since it appears
you have not contacted me back via phone.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to make the phone call right now and you will not be charged for the phone call. If engine was issue the rpm would not go up. If transmission is the problem rpm would go up but not vehicle speed. Does it seem like engine rpm increases without speed or engine rpm doesn't increase when trying to accelerate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan it seem like its laboring to accelerate. It is not sounds like it is not getting any fuel.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Is the check engine light on? If so, do you know what codes your getting? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the engine light is off and we do not have the code reader book.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other lights are on. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Unplug the mass airflow sensor to see if that restores power, if so replace. If not then remove front oxygen sensor completely from exhaust to see if that helps, if so converter is clogged. If not, next step is to connect a fuel pressure gauge, fuel pressure should be around 52-59 psi. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.