Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Impala: I have a 2003 Impala....Have started having

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Impala....Have started having electrical problems with it.. For awhile the speakers were making a noise and the battery was going down and our dealership here told us that we needed a new radio and that Best Buy has them and you can change them out. So we got them to disconnect the speakers and we took the fuse out to the radio and now the lights came on bright to the radio and on the air conditioner control where I turn it up and down. Its crazy.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The radio sounds like it is possibly causing an electrical short issue.Even with the fuse removed the radio is still connected and if shorted causes this fault here.
I would have the radio removed and disconnected and see if the fault then stops and if it does then the radio either needs repaired or replaced.
Thanks Pete