GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS: Why does my car try to run hot after

Customer Question

Why does my car try to run hot after thermostat and coolant temp sensor replacements and coolant flush? The temp guage on the dash also stopped working for a day and during that time, the fans ran the whole time. The cooling fans are also functioning properly, it seems.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Does the coolant actually make bubbling sounds or do you just notice the temp gauge acting funny ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell if it's making a sound at the moment. When I turn on the heater, it brings the temp down to a safe reading. I've also lost about 3 mpg fuel economy, if that might have anything to do with it. There are no leaks either.