GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Malibu: I have a 1997 Chevy Malibu. My car tries

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Chevy Malibu. My car tries to start but will not turn over completely. My fuel pump is good and so is my starter. Also so is my ignition switch. We hooked up a code reader and it threw the codes C1236 low system voltage, P0300 random multiple misfire detected, and P0306 cylinder 6 misfire detected. What do those codes mean? And what do I need to do/fix to get my car running again?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
The C1236 code is for low voltage to the EBCM (abs module) Check the condition of the battery and alternator.a 300 is most likely because of the 306 code you can erase the codes and see what comes back.of course it may be that the battery was run down from trying to start it . I would check the spark to that cylinder and to all the others as well (just to see)what happened ?-did the vehicle stall ?did it just not start ?did you shut it off and then it wouldn't start ?
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, I am just checking back to see if I helped you or if you need assistance still .
If I helped you please let me know so I can send you a post to rate me on with a positive smiley face thank you ..jazzmaster ..