Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet cobalt: 05 chevy cobalt auto keeps shifting

Customer Question

05 chevy cobalt auto keeps shifting in and out of gear when it does it the power locks go up and down by themselves if you wear your seatbelt it all works correct no problems take it off and screws up again otherwise runs good only thing i noticed electric engine fan runs all the time no matter if ac is on or not cleaned all ground s we could find thanks dave
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what is described here this may be due to a voltage loss or low voltage issue due to an electronic ignition switch failing to send the correct signals intermittently.I have seen this switch fail before in the past and had to replace it.
If anything after market was installed or any wiring repairs done recently these need checked into to see if these are the cause needing corrected.
Thanks Pete