ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

Zzdaryl, 94 Silverado 350 4x4....... would not

Customer Question

HelloCustomer
94 Silverado 350 4x4....... would not start. Replaced fuel filter also checked fuel pump delivery to carb= good. Would not start. Replaced the Coil= Started right up. Got it home.......would not start next day. The only thing that changed was the factory in dash stereo was removed. Just an extreme coincidence the factory stereo gets pulled out.... then Ignition System Failures?????
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your problem. Yes it must have been a coincidence because on that year of vehicle the radio is in no way connected to the ignition system. The only way it could have affected the ignition system is if some wires were shorted out at the time the radio was changed, when wires become shorted really anything could happen. Let me know if you have more questions on this I am always willing to help, Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In your opinion......... easily identifiable with a Code Scanner?
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 2 years ago.
No on this year vehicle using a scan tool really is not a lot of help