Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevrolet: How do I change thermostat on a 98 camaro and tools

Customer Question

How do I change thermostat on a 98 camaro and tools do I need
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
Is this the 6-cylinder or the 8-cylinder engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its a 6 cylinder.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks! Ok, for the tools, you'll need a standard socket set with a small extension, a razor blade and/or sandpaper (for old gasket removal) and a pair of pliers (for hose clamp removal). As for the procedure- I've wrapped it up into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file ((HERE)). Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Your rating is required.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

I noticed this question was still open, so I thought I'd check in and see how you made out. Did the information I provided help you out? Was it informative and helpful? Did you have any other questions on this issue? Your satisfaction is very important to me! Please reply and let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Thanks!
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

Thanks!
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

Thanks!
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

Thanks!
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Ron Z here again!

Thanks!
-Ron Z