GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS: gary, I have a 2006

Customer Question

Hi gary, I have a 2006 chevy silverado 5.3 and I live in south west oklahoma and got stuck out in the floods, so I decided to take intake and heads off and clean out water put it all back together and started it and it ran fine so I decided to put new cam push rods and beehive valve springs in the motor I can't get gas to fuel rail so I manually filled them with gas and no it still won't fire, any thoughts
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
there is NO fuel pressure at the test port on the fuel rail key ON engine OFF ?will it run on starting fluid or carb cleaner ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't tried Tha starting fluid yet, I figured with filling the fuel rails it would start but no luck, I don't even know if I am getting spark or if the injectors have power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wanting to know if there any steps I can take to figure all this out
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
yes we need to know what the fuel pressure is with a fuel pressure test gauge at the fuel rail test port key ON engine OFFwe also need to know if we are getting spark at the spark plugs when cranking it over if there is confirmed good spark at the spark plugs then see if it will run on starting fluid or carb cleaner being sprayed into the throttle body