Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet SSR: the shift to my 2004 chevy SSR is stuck.I can't

Customer Question

the shift to my 2004 chevy SSR is stuck.I can't it,and it's showing that it's in neutral on the dash.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. So the shifter is in park currently ?? But the dash is showing neutral ? Am I correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to put the shifter in reverse and it stuck.It's all the way in the forward position,stuck,and shows me on the dash that it's in neutral.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok , was
Anything spilled inside the car ? Or gotten wet ?
Put your hand on the shifter and press the brake can you feel a clicking in the shifter ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there was nothing spilled or gotten wet.Whenever I press down on the button to engage the shifter,the button won't go down.I cannot press it down.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok when you press the brake there is a solenoid inside the shifter that will release to allow you to remove the shifter from park. However since your display is showing neutral that means that your shifter had failed. It will need to be replaced. The only thing you can try is to remove the battery cable (negative side ) and wait about ten minutes before reconnecting then once reconnected see if the display now shoes park. If it does the shifter should release. If not then the car will need to be towed to a shop to have the shifter assembly properly diagnosed and replaced. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.