Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Workhorse: We have a 2001 Chevy workhorse vortex

Customer Question

We have a 2001 Chevy workhorse vortex 8.1L engine in our motorhome. Worked fine when we parked it and went out to get ready for a trip and the engine cranks over 4 times and then stops. I have 60 psi fuel pressure, I have changed the crankshaft sensor, no burned wires. What has me stumped is the 4 cranks and then stops. You can release the key and try again immediately! Any suggestions! Thank you!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This may be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before and had to replace it for issues like this here.If this has not been tested this needs done.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete