GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet: 02 yokon shorter model*****strange popping

Customer Question

02 yokon shorter model*****strange popping at slow speed more backing up with wheel cranked to the left is when it does it most it sounds like its comming from the torsion bar not tie rods ball joints or control arms
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
can you feel this in the steering wheel ?or is it almost like a pop spring type noise ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sounds liking a popping noise in front end but when I'm out side laying next to the suv it carries to middle of truck
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
can you be sure it is not the front springs popping in the spring perches ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What our those
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
this 2WD should have big coil springs in the front suspentionthe 2WD did not use Torque bars like the 4WD trucks didwe have had issues with the front springs popping when turning the wheel hard where they bind then make a popping sound when they release to turn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This one does I know I had a double take gave gm the vin and they said it does
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
this 2WD has Toque bars in it ?was it a 4WD made into a 2WD ?can you be sure the bolted cross bar under the truck is tight near the oil pan area ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope a mom has had it sense it was new at gm dealership he said what u said looked it up and 2 wheel drives have them that year I know it's strange
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
i have never seen this style beforelets see if another expert hashang on another expert will reply back to you