BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Malibu: My 2002 Chevy Malibu is running roughly.

Customer Question

My 2002 Chevy Malibu is running roughly. Check engine light started flashing on the highway, and the car was shaking badly when I came to an idle. Took it to the shop, he suggested replacing the spark plugs and wires. I did that, out doesn't run as roughly but the light still flashes when I go over 35mph. He said something about a vacuum test.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** we begin can you tell me if you know which codes the computer is giving?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure the codes, he said engine misfire and emissions.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
If it is flashing then it is a misfire. Since you replaced the plugs and wires and it is continuing then it can be caused by a fuel injector or an internal compression issue. I would do a compression test to see what is going on internally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got the codes read at O'Reillys. They are: p0302 cylinder 2 misfire p0300 anyone misfire and c1225 wheel speed sensor circuit
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Since you have a misfire on a particular cylinder then you need to determine why. I would do a compression test just to make sure that the engine is fine internally. If it is then you more than likely have a failing ignition coil or you have an issue with the fuel injector on that cylinder.