Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Corvette LT1: I have a 2001 Vett and it won't start,

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Vett and it won't start, I spray staring fluid into the air cleaner and it does start. Is my fuel pump bad or what else should I look at?
Thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry your having this problemif it will run on starting fluid this is a fuel issuewhich can be low or no fuel pressure caused by a bad fuel pump or the fuel pump not being told to operate when it should OR if the fuel pressure is good then the issue would be the fuel not being injected into the engine which can be a theft system issue shutting off the fuel injectors or the computer itself not firing the injectorsis this something you are planning on fixing yourself ? or looking for a good idea before it goes into the shop ?any access to a good fuel pressure gauge ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gary:Thank you so much, I guess I will get out my Vet book and see what it has to say about Security shutdown, never knew it could do that. I only have 19 K on the Vet, always covered up. I was planning on trying to fix it myself, I am more than a shady tree mechanic.
What may be my next step Gary?ThanksJohn
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
next step is to connect a fuel pressure gauge to the test port on the fuel rail and see if the fuel pressure is reading 55-62 key ON engine OFFonce we know that we cut this problem in 1/2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will do that tonight and get back to you tomorrow.Thanks Gary.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
anytimelet me know