GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Cavalier: I have a 2004 Cavalier 2.2 ecotech, overheating.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Cavalier 2.2 ecotech, overheating. Replaced fan relay,sensor in back of motor, radiator,water pump, and thermostat. Still overheating.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the fan is running when its over heating ?nothing you did helped at all ?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me how and when it over heats ?idle? or driving at speed ?will it boil over or just read hot ?will it loose any coolant with no visual leaks seen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It gets hotter the farther I go. the fan is running.I have to stop and let it cool down.After it gets hot it runs coolant out of the overflow.There is no water in oil. No oil in the water. no steam out the tailpipe after it warms up.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
can you go to your local auto parts store and pick up a test kit called block testerand test the coolant for any emissions in the coolantwith everything you have done so far we have to eliminate any kind of head or head gasket issue that will just allow a small amount of compression into the coolant and cause this kind of issue