Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Suburban 1500: 1998 Chevy Suburban - 350 engine Is

Customer Question

1998 Chevy Suburban - 350 engine
Is there a main fuse that I could have blown while installing a new battery? Where would it be.
Thanks!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitcan you tell me what kind of problem you are having ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no power and a new battery

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
John does the horn work ?
does the big power wire bolted to the under hood fuse box show 12 volts at it ?
does the big fuse # ***** show 12 volts on both sides of it testing it in place through the little openings in the tops of that big fuse ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing electrical works

Where is fuse #7

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
it is in the under hood fuse box near the master cylinder area
make sure the big power wire bolted to the under hood box stud shows 12 volts first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Be back in an hour.

Thank you

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No power to the fuse box and I could not identify #7 so I checked them all. And checked the power into the fuse box.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok if that big power wire that bolts to the under hood fuse block stud shows NO power that is our problemthat power wire runs right from the fuse box to the positive battery cablethat wire is bad OR where that wire meets the positive battery cable is bad or there is a battery cable connection issue at the batterythat is all the things that will cause NO power at that fuse box big wireyou need to remove and clean both battery cables down with sand paper or a scotch pad and make sure the wire from the fuse box where it connects to the battery cable is good
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
alos make sure the negative battery cable where it bolts to the lower side front passenger side of the engine is clean and tight