Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: I have an 05 Chevy pickup. The inside

Customer Question

I have an 05 Chevy pickup. The inside mirror fell off. I got a kit followed instructions to a tee. It lasted 4 days. This windshiels has something black just larger than the button that seems to be part of the glass. I cannot get it off.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.You can use Acetone & soak it for a few minutes, & the Button should be able to be removedSome people recommend a Heat Gun, but that can crack the WindshieldSome Parts Stores used to sell a "debonding agent", but I have not seen that for a few years.When you get ready to install the New one, be sure the Windshield is "cool", in the shade & very clean & dry..IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.