Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS: Hey Moose. I have a 2004 Chevrolet

Customer Question

Hey Moose. I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado LLY diesel 6.6 and I pull a trailer sometimes if I get too heavy footed my engine makes a roaring sound and I have to come off the fuel for hey Moose. I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado LLY diesel 6.6 and I pull a trailer sometimes if I get too heavy footed my engine makes a roaring sound and I have to come off the fuel for it to stop making that sound, slowing down to 60 mph.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Does this noise seem to be coming from the engine or transmission. My first suggestion is to monitor the coolant temp and fan control to see if its the cooling fan being commanded on 100% You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris