Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet colbolt: I have a 2010 chevy colbolt that blows the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 chevy colbolt that blows the radiator cooling fan motor and shuts down ac compressor this will happen but there is no time limit of when it happens it has go e as far as 5 to 7 or more before it blows fuse again
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
which fuse will blow 1 or 2 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 amp ac clutch fuse
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok if that is the only fuse that will blow intermittently the issue comes down to one of 2 thingsthe green wire from the under hood fuse box to the compressor is shorting out somewhere usually near the compressor or where that wire runs close to the engineOR the clutch itself on the compressor90 % are that green wire shorting outusually a very good visual following the green wire from the compressor will find the shorted part of the wireif that wire is 100 % fine then the compressor clutch itself is the issuethose are the only things that will blow that fuse