Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: 06 tahoe center brake light (led maybe?)

Customer Question

06 tahoe center brake light (led maybe?) is not working. is there a fuse or something to check if its bad? or is this just assembly that needs to be replaced? thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you
it is replaced as a unit.
.please check the CHMSL 10 A fuse
The STOP LP 25 A fuse in the underhood fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to the normally open stop lamp switch. When the driver presses the brake pedal, the switch contacts close and battery positive voltage is supplied to both the STOP 15 A fuse and the CHMSL 10 A fuse in the I/P fuse block, and to the turn signal/hazard module. The turn signal/hazard module then supplies voltage to both of the trailer rear turn/stop lamp supply voltage circuits. The voltage from the CHMSL 10 A fuse is to the center high mounted stop lamp (CHMSL) and the trailer jumper harness. The voltage from the STOP 15 A fuse is to the stop lamps, throttle actuator control (TAC) module, and the cruise control.
.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxyj5g5xgz8frmc/0615-yahoe-05-HIGH%20MOUNTED%20STOP%20LAMP%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/cxyj5g5xgz8frmc/0615-yahoe-05-HIGH%20MOUNTED%20STOP%20LAMP%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help