Bill
Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician
50714430

Chevrolet Impala LTZ: My Chet started making a nois on passenger

Customer Question

My Chet started making a nois on passenger side whe I turn car off it still makes noise for a whil is it under the hood or what
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I park and turned my Chevy 2010 off I could hear this noise on th passages side a flaping noise or belt then it stop. You start car back up it will start back and then stop I drive an hour to work don't want to break down havent had time to take to a shop yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting on an answer for over an hour and half I paid my money what's going on
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.
I apologize for the delay. I personally was offline.
I've seen this concern several times and what we almost certainly have here is an air inlet actuator that has failed. If you open the glove box, there are releases you can press so the glove box will open completely and fall down a bit. With a flashlight peek inside up and to the right of the glove box area. You might cycle the key so the noise starts up again. You can reach your hand in there and you will feel the actuator clicking loudly. There is a plastic gear that can crack inside. The fix is to replace the actuator. There are only 2 or 3 screws holding it on. A quick fix to get rid of the noise is to simple disconnect the actuator. You can set the a/c on either recirculate or outside air before you disconnect it.
Actually, a quick test is when the actuator is making noise, simply press the button on the dash that changes the position of cabin air to outside air. The noise should stop almost instantaneously.
If you copy and paste the link below it will show the location of the actuator.
Thanks!
Bill
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58169456/gsi.ext.gm.com%20-%20showDoc.pdf