Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: I have a 1996 chevy Tahoe. A few years

Customer Question

I have a 1996 chevy Tahoe. A few years ago I got a P1441 code. I have replaced the purge solenoid and the charcoal canister but still get the P1441 code. I keep clearing it with a scantool but it keeps coming back. I have also changed the gas cap. No luck. The hoses appear to be good. What else could it be. I'm tired of having to clear the code
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you
i will give you some tests/checks that may help you find your problem..
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o8kjzkyhabc94k/0615-chevy-tahoe-P1441.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/2o8kjzkyhabc94k/0615-chevy-tahoe-P1441.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What scan tool can I use to operate the EVAP solenoid. All I have is a reader. I have an OBD Link but need an inexpensive software that works with it and allows me to operate the solenoid. I may also need it to operate the ABS in the future so if there you can recommend a good inexpensive one that works with the ABS, and one without, that would help.
there isnt a real inexpensive one that can do this..
,,but you can get a tech 2..they are high,
http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool-warehouse/OTC-3628.html?gclid=CKq3kdHZksYCFZM8gQodWQ0ANA
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.