Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet Impala: 2000 impala, passenger front rim hit caliber

Customer Question

2000 impala, passenger front rim hit caliber bracket. Parked at work, then started hearing noise. took tire off and found marks on inside of rim, completely around inner rim, not just one spot, and a scrape mark on caliber bracket.
caliber bracket.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases if the caliper is hitting the rim then something has to have shifted. If you are sure the caliper and anchor are tight then have a look at the wheel bearings to be sure they are tight and have no excessive play as well as the upper and lower ball joints. If everything is in place and tight there should be no reason you would have to grind the caliper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of the above. Took to garage One of the caliber bracket bolts was loose.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
That would sure do it. That why I said, something must have shifted. A loose caliper bolt would sure all the anchor to shift. I also said if you are sure the caliper and anchor are tight .