Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Immobilizer light is on, after installing a DEI remote start

Customer Question

Immobilizer light is on, after installing a DEI remote start system with a Dball2pro. Can't get the car to start even with the key.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Some remote start systems require an immobilizer bypass to allow the starting of the vehicle on vehicles that have a security system installed on them.This sometimes is a separate component from the remote start kit that is purchased.I would check and see if yours came with it and that it is installed and if found to be o.k. the anti theft system may just need to be relearned to correct this here.If this is the case and you just need a relearn let me know your year and model and I will see if I can locate it for you.
Thanks Pete