Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet Traverse LS: . I guess some animal climbed under

Customer Question

Hi. I guess some animal climbed under my care and chewed through some wires underneath my 2012 Traverse. All of the wires by the rear drivers side tire have been chewed through. Now My Traverse won't stay on and I am getting an error message that reads Traction control system off, stabilitrak system off, service traction control. Can you give me an estimate as to how much that wiring harness would be?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another question would be what is that wiring harness called?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just crawled under my traverse and pulled a label off the harness with a p/n of 22891956. I looked it up on a GM website and it comes back as harness (I assume wiring harness) but there is not an image available. I know it will be an easy fix, and the dealership will try to seriously dig in my pocket since I am a woman. So I need to at least sound like I know what I'm talking about when I go in there. Any suggestions? Or should I order the part for $60, hope it's the right part and climb back under the car and do it myself?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. We actually would not replace the harness we would fix the wiring that is there , you can repair wiring good as new for about 200$ , that should be plenty of time for the dealer to repair the wiring especially since you already know where it is bad. The wires are communication wires that's the reason your car is having issues running and warnings on the dash , I have actually just had the same thing happen to a Chevy Cruze. Rodents cause so many issue , and finding the chewed wires are the hardest part. So don't waste your money on a wiring harness ,, let them inspect it and don't always fear the dealer. Trust me. I have been a dealer tech for 15 years and that really is the best place to go. Expensive yes. But fixed the first time and no follow up issues. Sometimes you get the new guy working on your car and they make mistakes but the dealer is the best place to go especially for a nice newer car like yours. At least you know what is wrong already and have a ideal price range. Wire repair takes about 5 minutes a wire if done right. So consider the time to have the technician check All the wires and repair around 200$ ish should be a ideal price and then plus parts (wires and connectors ) and you should be back on the road in no time. Hope this information helps. If you need anything else PLEASE let me know. I am here to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.