Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet S10 4x4: Have a 2004 Chevy S10 truck and I ams trying

Customer Question

Have a 2004 Chevy S10 truck and I ams trying t0 charge the AC. Looked for the lower port. Found that the charge hose would not fir what appeared to be the lower port but did fit very nicely on the port on the sliver tank. It took a charge but still no AC.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The low side service port is the one on the accumulator so you found the correct port. In order for the AC to cool properly you need a full system. Normal operating pressure on a full system should be right at 30 to 35 PSI on the low side and right at 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. If you can give me your actual pressure reading I can help you get this resolved. Post back when you can and we can work from there.