Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Tahoe LT: I let a friend borrow my 96 Tahoe today.

Customer Question

I let a friend borrow my 96 Tahoe today. He ran the seat all the way back. When I get in it to drive it seat wont move forward. The motor runs but nothing happens. The motor will run when you move the rocker switch forward or backward. The seat doesn't try to move. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards,
Mark
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The seat track itself sounds to have broke away from the motor assembly itself or the motor where it attaches to the movement cables has broken or come free needing replaced to correct this here.
The seat assembly will need inspected to locate which is the cause here and once located the affected component(s) replaced to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete