Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Chevrolet K1500 4x4: Turn signals flashing fast. Rear turn

Customer Question

Turn signals flashing fast. Rear turn signals/brake lights out. Front turn signals ok. Backup / parking lamps ok. Steering / suspension work. (Pittman, 4 ball joints). Got any silver bullets for me?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will see what I can do to assist you in determining the problem with your truck.
When you put the hazards on do the front and rear lights flash?
Do any of the rear lights work?
Did you check them for power with a test light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With hazard lights on ONLY front lamps illuminate.
As I said in ORIGINAL post, backup lights and rear parking lights work, rear brakes and turns do not.
I originally SUSPECTED a missing or damaged ground to ALL rear lights... wrong. Engine/chassis ground strap appears ok.
Can you email me a .pdf of the wiring diagram on this thing?
Vehicle JUST came out of shop for new Pittman arm, 4 ball joints, etc. Logic suggests damage in areas where they worked...
My SUSPICION is that the steering column connector was probably damaged when lifted? moved? to allow the rack to be moved to replace Pittman arm, but I wasn't there, don't know what's required to drop the rack, etc. Lots of internet reports of failed 4-way switch but Ithink ALL lights fail with that, not just rears.
The trailer hitch wiring (Scotchlocked) is ugly but I uwrapped all of it and didn't find anything that would cause
the brakes/turns to quit. Checked the bulbs.
Thanks.
Check the connector from the turn signal switch to see if you have power on the yellow wire for left turn and dark green for right turn.
Give me your email and I will try to send you a wiring diagram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email***@******.*** for wiring diagram.
yeah, where's this turn signal switch connector, in the column, disassemble the dash to get to it, ???
Nothing personal, but so far you've given me nothing to help me solve this. Do you want to turn it over to someone with more experience with the older Chevy models or keep going?
Wade (###) ###-####
I will email you the wiring
Let me know if you can open it and I will tell you what to check.