Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD: when trying to start my 2500HD

Customer Question

when trying to start my 2500HD Duramax 6.6 this morning it just cranked but would not start. First time this has happened.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
looked at a couple of videos and ended up at the low side fuel pump assembly..... pressed down on the prime and fuel did come out. Just cannot figure out where the leak origninates. Am on the right track with te Crank but will not start for the 2006 6.6 Duamax
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I still could use the help. I looked at a couple of U-Tub videos like I said and kind-a think that my issues is in the fuel-pump area. But still could be something else as well. I will probably end up taking it in the dealer as I don't want to end up chasing an issues that ends up taking a week or two.
What I found is that when I prim the fuel pump it does leak fuel.
I can't see where it is leaking from - it not on the top of the unit. so it could be from the side or the under the filter area. Any thoughts????
Larry
Hi, since you do get a fuel leak when priming the engine, that is the reason it is not starting from low fuel pressure, the leak and lost prime. Can you attach a photo of where the leak appears to be coming from so I can tell you how to address it? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do my best to get to get a picture of where it is actually leaking tomorrow afternoon and send it out off to you.
Super