GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Scottsdale 20: Behind the fuel filter in my 85 Chevy

Customer Question

Behind the fuel filter in my 85 Chevy Scottsdale 20 there's two drain plugs top and bottom black with an ex on the top I lost the bottom one in the engine somewhere and can't find it what
do I do .. And what is the part called and how do I get it I went to every parts dealer in my area ...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
Can you post a pic of the plug where I can see it. Also do you have any dimensions from the plug.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the lower one though that's the top plug but and I don't know where the bottom one is and know one knows whT I'm fLking about ... And what's the thug called that the plug skews into ... Where to purchase it once I know what it's called
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
Can you take another shot at that last post, you lost me at "It's the lower one though that's the top plug" Thanks