Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevy 3500 express: 2002 Chevy express 3500 van 6.5 diesel

Customer Question

2002 Chevy express 3500 van 6.5 diesel ,just replaced injector pump, fuel filter and fuel pump frame mounted. starts and runs but surging bad and blowing black smoke and then white smoke big time .moved pump both ways set to best run no fuel leaks pmd is relocated this is the third pump last one lasted four years after pmd relocation so I am at a loss here cant figuge this one out . running like it has a race cam in it . from Customer
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
truck has 188000 miles ran great when running two weeks ago went on expressway pushed acelerater truck went nuts wide open for about 2 miles runaway diesel then died on exit ramp had towed home engine codes were po231 and po216
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Do you need the diag steps for these codes?Your symptoms are pointing to faulty fuel injectors more so than anything. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris