Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Z71: I have a 2007 suburban z71. since

Customer Question

I have a 2007 suburban z71. since I first bought it the 4wd goes in and out (never when it finally gets to the suburban dealer so they haven't been able to find a problem.) on this last trip 4wd went disabled and i also got an sys disabled. Is this a sensor issue that I can deal with or do I need to take it in?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing may be a sensor but in order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned. When the System disable light comes on the computer should set and store a fault code. If you can get me the fault code, I can direct you in the needed repair.